Swimming, swimming, in the swimming pool......not so much! Tonight Connor and Cooper and I ventured to the pool for our first swimming lessons. This is all the kids have been talking about since we signed up last Friday. My two cool guys walked in - ready to conquer the pool! Connor was in his own swim class and I relunctantly had to get my incredibly white self into a bathing suit for Mommy and me class with Coop! Cooper was excited because he was going to be taking the class with his sweet (and might I add beautiful) friend Carter (you will meet her later)! The class began and it was time to get the tots (my friend uses this word... can I copy you Beth???)in the pool. It was if someone had turned on the music to JAWS.....Coop began to put a death grip around my neck as if to tell me there was NO WAY HE WAS GETTING IN THAT POOL!!! I looked over at Connor and much to my dismay he was having difficulty in the other pool too... tears were streaming down his face as he was telling the instructor that he did not want to get in the pool. As we moved towards the wall, I heard the scamper of tiny feet coming my way - Connor had managed to escape his instructor and run over to the safety of his mom and the smaller pool. Carter's parents took Coop for me (thank you again:) ) and I began to console a distraught little boy. I didn't know what to do.. I knew he could do it though because he had been swimming like a champ in the Caymans! Then I did what every good mom would do, "Connor, if you go back with your teacher I will give you a piece of gum!!!" I walked him back to class and my little guy (who I now owed a piece of gum to) was in the water swimming with the tube without the teacher's help! (I think I just got played by my little guy - rats!)
By the end of the night....Cooper's death grip had lessened, he was smiling and laughing and Connor was all smiles too!!! Thank goodness for gum!!!
It's Been a very long time
4 years ago



1 comment:
Way to bribe 'em =)
Post a Comment