It seems like every night Connor and Cooper and I have the same conversation...It begins with Cooper's big brown eyes becoming even wider, he starts to look left and then right as he opens his mouth and says, "Uh Oh! Monsters Mommy!" In his sweet little mind it is almost as if he has convinced himself that since there has been a major change in our lives all of a sudden there are monsters lurking behind the closet doors or underneath his bed at night. Connor, being the man of the house, calmly reassures him that there are no monsters that Daddy has killed them. Yes, my three and a half year old uses that exact word! WHY?????? (the infamous word) Cooper wants to know. Each night I tell him the same thing, "Daddy has taken care of them because he doesn't want anyone to hurt his little boys and he would do anything to protect you!" Just with that simple answer all is well again and we can say our prayers before the lights are turned out. As I walk out of the room and turn to give them one last " I love you and sweet dreams" I wonder if the answers to their questions will always be that simple. Can they even comprehend the love that Nate and I have for them and that we would do anything to protect them from harms way. As I close the door I silently say a prayer, praying that they will always feel protected from the "monsters" in their lives...protected by God, their Daddy, and their Mommy!
All Smiles - Daddy took care of the Monsters!!!

7 comments:
Oh good. Now I don't have to bug you for updates and pictures of the boys :o) We miss you guys!!
So cute! Welcome to the BLOG world!
you go super mom! so cute! praying God protects you from the "lonely monster" while Nate is away!
You have made my day! I know being a full-time homemaker is hard,especially without Nate right now. You are doing it with creativity and a thankful heart.
This reminds me of Evelyn taking swimming lessons at the indoor pool at the Y in Baltimore, MD. We had won a free year's membership and she loved the lessons in the winter! I sat on the side with baby Peggy.
okay, I just wrote you a nice long response and couldn't post it b/c I didn't have an account...how annoying...ANYHOO - the site is freaking cute and the video was awesome! Put more of those on there!! :) Hope you are doing well and that you have recovered from your hill run yesterday - my legs are sore today from my 9er, but I'll get over it. Love ya!
Love seeing the boys!! We miss you guys a ton! Shawn said Coop is getting skinnier :o)
Post a Comment