Saturday, February 21, 2009

Work ups....Already???!!!

Sometimes it seems like he just got home...but last Sunday the work ups started again...this time a month at a time - UGH! The good news through all of this is that this is all we have to do... and then it is smooth sailing into our shore tour where there are no deployments and work-ups for 30 months - pure heaven on earth! So while the boyz and I are doing what we do here at home, my hubby is doing what he does...landing the prowler on the boat in the middle of the ocean!

The most important rule that I live by whenever my hubby leaves is....try to keep things as normal as possible with your routine and throw in lots of chocolate as deemed necessary!! The first couple of days that Nate left, our family room was turned into a fort - which I was not allowed to be in!!

On Wednesday, Cooper and I were invited to attend Connor's Chapel service at his preschool. His teacher, Ms. Gaye, presented each child with a bible!

That afternoon was the highlight of my week...my dear friend Shannon and her husband, Forrest and son Judah came into town for the evening. I have not seen her for almost a year and I was thrilled that they were coming in for the evening! After an afternoon of catching up we headed over to Deception Pass Park for some fun and pictures of course!



















Whenever the sun peaks out and lets us enjoy the outdoors, I am always reminded of how much I love living here....the boyz love everything that the outdoors have to offer and it is absolutely beautiful here!!

We spent the rest of the evening hanging out like old times and I was sad to see them leave the next morning...it just makes me anxious for the next time we can be together again!!!! We love you Shannon, Forrest, and Judah!!!
The next day was yet another beautiful day so we headed the other direction to City Beach to ride their razors and play at the park!!!


One week down...three more to go until my hubby is home!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Way to go Janelle! you're doing great! :) Awesome pictures, love the sunset! :)