Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Joy of Christmas

This Christmas, for the first time since we have been married, we did not travel to the East Coast but decided to have our own Christmas at home with our family. Before the big day arrived, Nate and I sat down and decided what traditions we wanted to bring into our own family Christmas from each of our own families. What we came up with was a nice mixture of both but a little of our own as well... It was hard to be away, especially as we would talk to both of our families and they were all together.. but we had each other and our two awesome boyz - what more could you want????
The magic of Santa - I know it does not last forever but it is easy to get caught up in the magic of it all. The boyz were all about the man in red this year... Connor and I spent the afternoon making peppermint chocolate cookies to set out - don't worry- we made sure that they were peanut free because Santa, like Connor, has a peanut allergy!!

Before our Christmas Eve service at church, we enjoyed some yummy appetizers!

We had a beautiful service at church and my spirits were lifted. As we left the church that night, not only was I again in awe with the Birth of Christ and what that meant for us, but I all of a sudden was reminded that even though we were not with our own families...we were still with family over Christmas...our own church family at FRC - how blessed we truly are!
As soon as we got home the preparations were in full swing. The boyz and I sprinkled reindeer food on the lawn and then prepared the milk and cookies for Santa!
Cooper thought for sure that Santa would prefer SOY milk to regular!


The boyz were able to choose one gift to open that night... they wanted to open the gifts that they got for each other! Connor gave Cooper a Kung Fu Panda toy and Cooper gave Connor more Magnetix! It was a hit with both of them!
Of course Santa came that night for both of them..I mean how could he not??!!! Connor told Santa he wanted a cross and Cooper wanted candy canes in a box....oh if it would only stay this simple!! Nate..uh I mean Santa made a beautiful cross for Connor!

CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!!



Both boyz made us presents at each of their schools! They were awesome!

Then the present marathon began...and three and a half hours later....we had two very happy little boyz!!



Connor and Cooper - thank you for making everyday feel like it is Christmas - you are our favorite gifts!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

It looks like the boys have been very good this year. They had a ton of toys! Miss you guys!

Beth said...

YAY! A new post! Looks like your Christmas was special and memorable! Can't wait to see you soon! :)