Wednesday, December 3, 2008

HERE'S THE LATEST ON THE BOYZ.....

Well I honestly thought it would never happen... I thought that Coop would continue to think that diapers were cool and it would carry over into his school years, but over night everything changed and he all of a sudden wanted to start using the bathroom...it's official....Coop is in underwear!! Way to go Coop!!! (This is one happy mom who will now be saving 60.00 a month on diapers... oh what to spend that on!)

In late November, Nate's Aunt from PA came to visit us while she was on a business trip in Portland. In the one day that she spent with us, we tried our best to show her our home away from home and to get that "Northwest" feel! After showing her the squadron and the prowlers we were off on a hike to enjoy the beautiful day and scenery! Thanks Aunt Robin for making the trip to see us - we loved sharing our world with you!!
Nate, Aunt Robin, and the boyz



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving together and I was thankful that we were together as a family. Although it is hard to be away from your family we were able to share it with our military family here! Some of Nate's friends from the squadron came over and we enjoyed a great evening together...lots of food and laughter - it doesn't get better than that!
The next day we packed up the car and headed to Leavenworth for the weekend. Nate's flight doc's aunt owns a cabin right on the river and invited us for the weekend! Cooter, Erin, and Puffy joined in on the fun and we had a relaxing weekend...board games, puzzles, and movies!

Saturday morning we hit the trails and went hiking...

The night before we left though, Connor accidentally touched the wood stove and burnt three of his fingers... of course the thumb he sucks was burnt as well so it took him a little bit longer to calm down! I don't know who was more traumatized by it all...me or Connor (probably Connor)! The next day he was feeling better and has been obsessed ever since with the bubbles on his fingers!!!

The boyz continue to amaze us each day with how big they are getting. They make us laugh with their comments and the stories they tell, and they warm our hearts with their laughter and the way they play together! One of their favorite things to do each night is to dance on our bed to "Shake, Shake" - I have no idea how they fall asleep after this- but they do!!





What can I say... it is non-stop with these boyz!! We wouldn't have it any other way!!

5 comments:

Kave Fam said...

okay so Coop is def. gonna play a guitar. I lOVE it! I'm so proud of him...bye bye diapers~

Anonymous said...

Ok, so where to the little glens get their rhythm from? I bet from Big Glen, couldn't be Glenita!!

Elaine said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile and I was cracking up at the Shake Shake dance! Those two crack me up!

Shawn said...

I request no more pictures of Ft Ebey or any hiking trails. My heart just cant take any more.

Beth said...

Carter LOVES watching these videos...she wants to have a "shake it" party with the boy's when we get home! :)