Friday, December 19, 2008

Let it Snow..Let it Snow..Let it Snow...

I thought the only way to have a white Christmas was to travel home to the East Coast - not this year! The snow has made its way out here to the North West and I have two little boyz who are enjoying every bit of it!




Connor and Cooper spent the entire time taking turns chasing and pushing each other down.... whatever happened to the days of snow angels and snowmen???



Last Wednesday, we woke up to a winter storm (not by East Coast standards - just Northwest). Connor's school was cancelled and the base was closed for the day. Nate brought the family in for a meeting and laid out the game plan for the day.....pajamas, movies, lots of hot chocolate, and playing in the snow! The boyz had the pajama part down......


Nate started a fire (on the TV - even though it didn't quite give off the warmth of a regular fire- the sound was great)!!! Don't worry - Connor didn't burn his fingers on this one!


After a couple of Buzz Light Year episodes it was time to go and play in the snow!


We pulled out our sled (thanks again Shawn and Elaine) and we headed to the hill down the street!



Cooper got out his truck to see how the roads were....he definitely did a lot better than some of the people we saw drive by!

Connor and I ended our family fun filled day making sugar cookies! Cooper had gone to bed with a fever and was sound asleep - too much snow for the little guy! He made sure though, before he went to bed, that I would save him a cookie for breakfast!

Nothing is better than spending a day together as a family... well the smile on this boyz face comes close!!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Too bad we weren't there to play in the snow too! I'm glad you are still getting use out of the sled! Have a great Christmas! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Gran and I are sitting here enjoying your blog! Merry Christmas and we love you guys!

-Christy, Brian, and Emma