We just celebrated the half way point of deployment and I am not going to lie.. I was feeling confident...a little too confident I suppose. I was pretty much congratulating myself that nothing had happened like last deployment. There had been no hospitalizations, no infestation of bird mites, and no sliced ears that needed a plastic surgeon!!!
Last Tuesday I picked my parents up and the kids and I welcomed them here with a big....LET'S GET SICK!!! The next day Connor, Cooper, and I were at the Naval Hospital... Cooper with an ear infection, Connor and I had viral infections and Connor was also having an asthma attack!
I thought that we were going to have to spend the night like last time but just at the last moment his levels went up to a satisfactory level - THANK YOU GOD!!!
The next couple of days we had to give him breathing treatments..which he just loves!!! On Monday morning he received a clean bill of health from our favorite Dr. Huebner - just in time for my parents to leave - RATS!!!
Connor and his breathing treatments - the dangers of smoking!!!
Wednesday morning since we didn't have bible study, a bunch of us piled in our cars and off to Jungle Playland we went. I figured Connor was healthy so why not go to a place which is filled with kids and LOTS OF GERMS!!! Cooper, who usually spends his time in the ball pit, was feeling adventurous and was living on the slides. He was the big man on the slides - conquering it every time.... well at least until Connor, Levi, and Coop all went down at the same time!! Tears were flowing down his face as he kept telling me that his finger hurt (which was swelling and turning a really pretty purple)!
It didn't look promising....so off to Urgent Care we went! Four and a half hours later we walked out with a huge temporary splint on his broken finger! Poor Connor though...when they asked Cooper what happened he would say, "Connor hit me!". Well at least he was saying that he hit him and not me... Today we are going to get the official cast on - GOOD TIMES!!! I think the biggest issue for Coop with all of this is how does he suck his thumb and play with his hair at the same time!!!Coop and his broken finger!!
So such is the life of a Navy wife....asthma attacks, broken fingers...whatever is next... BRING IT ON!!!!



2 comments:
I tell ya what, Janelle, there is never a dull moment around your house!!
Oh Janelle...you are amazing! Sorry to hear about Cooper. I hope he's back to normal and you are not discouraged. Keep going babe!!!
Post a Comment