April 13th - the long anticipated 1/2 marathon that Amy and I had decided that we were going to run together back in the Caymans as we sat lazily by the pool drinking our Rum tasties!!( I would love to tell you the ingredients but I don't think Amy has put a patent on it yet) Well long story short her mom and I and a couple of my friends cheered her on that cold, rainy day as she ran it and I was sidelined with an inflamed Achilles tendon (I am still bitter about it) But you should have seen that Cali girl tackling those Whidbey Hills - She kicked Butt!!! We had a great weekend and Nano and I stayed up and watched movies each night while Amy was sound asleep! Thanks Nano and Amy for coming to see us - you brightened the weekend!!! We love you!
The following weekend Grandpa came to visit!! And wouldn't you know it - IT SNOWED!!! I think that spring did skip us after all. He finally got here Saturday morning after I couldn't make it to the airport the night before because of the weather! What a weekend.... the boys definitely had their fun with all the rough housing, playing outside, bowling, and going out to breakfast at our favorite restaurant!! They sure do love their Grandpa!!!
I had eye surgery the following week which went well...I apparently was telling the doctor and the nurses how hot my husband is!!! I was also telling the doctor he needed to support the military and do some probono work on my face and remove my sun spots(I will let you know the outcome - doesn't look promising!!)
The boys continue to keep me on my toes!!! Some days their words and actions just warm my hearts and others I am ready to go and replace Nate on the ship!! God is good though and is always there beside me each step of the way!! We are counting the days to see Nate and the all will be well at the house again!! I definitely have a Honey to do List waiting for him - Top on the list - POTTY TRAIN COOPER!!! I will let you know how that goes!!!
Enjoy the pictures!!!
Grandpa and Coop drawing sharks
The boyz and I at the Holland Happenings Parade!
My girlfriends Brandi, Erin, and I at a Time and Talent Event
to raise money for the wives club! The theme was
movies and we did CHICAGO!!!
We won BEST DRESSED!!!
What a challenge for Coop.. trying to hold his snack with
a cast on - but he is a champ!!! No cast was going to
hold him back from eating his Cheerios!
The kids love going down to City Beach to throw
rocks in the water!! What a great place to explore!
Connor plays a mean game of bowling!!
Coop was all about just dropping the ball!!
Look at that form!!! Definitely takes after
his mama!!
Nano and Coop out for a drive!



5 comments:
Girl, you look hot as a flapper!! I love watching the boys grow up. I wish we were there too!!
We miss you all. Thanks for the update....I was waiting for one :o)
Love the new look! It's very bright which is so much better than "dark"! :) You've handled this deployment like a champ...and YEA it's almost over!
I love reading your blog and seeing pics of the boyz. My girls look at your blog too and you are an inspiration to us all!! Wish we saw each other more.
Janelle - You are SUPER skinny and one hot Mama! Love the Chicago outfit...You should have won best dressed all by yourself :) Love you! Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment