Thursday, July 30, 2009

A military guarantee....

After you get through your first duty station and you start moving around, you begin to know people everywhere you go... and that my friend is one thing you can count on in the military! VA Beach is no different...Our good friends Adam and Sarah moved here a couple of years ago and now they have two beautiful little girls! The boyz and I ventured over to their house yesterday for a day in the sun at the pool! That isn't exactly how it began due to a thunderstorm but we were eventually able to go.
To pass the time, Sarah made me an amazing latte, a skill that has been passed down by her hubby, and to top it off.......it was served in a Whidbey Coffee cup!!!


After the last thunder was heard, we headed to the pool...which proved to be great timing on our part as the pool had cleared out!

On a side note... Nate and I had an unwelcome visitor climbing on our bedroom wall last night...seconds later it said hello to our boyz bat..... I don't think we are in Whidbey anymore!!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Roaches are my least favorite insect in the whole world!!! So sorry you'll be dealing with those guys! Glad y'all had fun with Sarah! :)

Nano said...

HEY - that's why we have a pest service. If they are out in the daylight they are sick...usually come out a night when you're sleeping. Turn on the ligths at midnight and see if they're all over your house having a party.
:-) And was Sarah's latte' more amazing that mine???????????????

Anonymous said...

How awesome that you could see Adam & Sarah! She does make a mean latte. I still have my Whidbey Coffee travel mug. Are you gone from WA for good? If you are traveling through CO on your return trip, we'd love to have you stay with us. We are just off I-25. We can also recommend lots of things they boyz would enjoy around the state. I'm going to return to my bug free home now and be thankful I only have spiders.

Andrea

Mother Nuckolls said...

I hope you adjust to your new adventure. I know Elaine is so looking forward to see you. Give them a big hug from me. Elaine's Mother)