Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How quickly the time goes...

It seems like I just got my hubby back....and now he is off doing what he does for the next month in Fallon! The two weeks he was home went by quickly largely due to the fact that we had company and of course non-stop fun!! My parents left a couple of days after Nate came home...of course the list is endless with everything that they helped us with around the house. AND if that wasn't enough...my parents surprised me with an early, birthday, anniversary, Christmas (okay you get the the picture) gift... A CANON POWER SHOT SX10 IS - I LOVE IT - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Nate's dad and sister came a couple days later for a quick visit...Cooper was quite exited because Aunt Jackie wore her hair straight which made it easier to play with!

They came in just in time for the NCAA tournament - which Connor willingly watched with his Grandpa!

Luckily Saturday was a beautiful day and I was able to tear the family away from the NCAA games and we headed to Port Townsend. The ferry ride is only thirty minutes...so with lattes
and hot chocolates in hand we were off....


Connor was on the look out at the pier....

and he found what he was looking for.... a PIRATE SHIP!!!

There was nothing to be afraid of though... Cooper made sure that we knew he was stronger than the pirates!!!

It was amazing... the pirates left behind treasures on the pier (thanks Aunt Jackie)!

After a long day of searching for treasure, a nap was what everyone needed....but the boyz beat us to it!


That weekend, Nate was determined to teach Connor how to ride his bike without training wheels...

This is Cooper's "I am not happy that I have training wheels on my bike" look! Sorry Coop - just a little bit longer buddy!

The First Day.....

The Second Day.....


YEAH CONNOR!!!!
Nate left on Sunday, but being the amazing hubby that he is... he and the boyz went and cheered me on for my 1/2 marathon!

Before Nate's brief - he took the boyz to three different spots to cheer me on with a big smile as the boyz yelled, "Go Mama"!

I finished the run in 1 hour fifty-nine minutes and fifty-nine seconds - not bad for a mama of two boyz!!!
Well almost one week down and three more to go until my hubby is back again...what to do, what to do.... well I can tell you one thing...it's going to involve a lot of TWILIGHT!!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I can't believe how great Connor was at riding that bike by the second day! So impressive :) So are you reading the Twilight series too? All my friends have read them, so I finally got sucked in :) I'm on the third book now...

Christie Thien said...

Run Glenita run!!! Love the pictures...your boys keep getting cuter and cuter!